Friday, July 16, 2010

Chloe Eva Briese

Chloe Eva Briese
Born 9/July/2010
Weight 7lbs .5oz
Langth 18.5 inches

It's been one week since Miss Chloe Eva was born. She was breech (as you read prior), and the morning of my C section day my Dr. did a ultrasound and she was head down. My Dr. started everything for an inducement and natural delivery we decided inducing was right for a few reasons one being she didn't want me to get bigger with my size it's hard on my body to get big and since she was head down and had flipped the night before she didn't want her to flip again. At 0630 they started the induction. I was progressing (not as fast as my Dr who was not on call that day would have hoped) and by the early afternoon I recieved an eppideral. The Dr and Nurse kept checking me and saying I was progressing but she wasn't dropping. By 1500 I could feel all my contractions again but she still hadn't dropped I had been getting patosien all afternoon. The Nurse stopped the Pattosien and my Dr. signed me off to the on call Dr. She explained that there is a new schedule the OB Dr's are on and whatever Dr is on call is the Delivery Dr so if i would have gone into labor and my Dr was not on call she wouldn't have been there. (they just started this like a month ago go figure everything has to be "hard")

At 1530 I asked my Nurse (RN Anne Marie) if i could meet the Dr. she said they would call the Dr when I got closer to Delivery. 25 min Later my Nurse checked me again and told me to push a little to see if Chloe would drop a little (i was still only 8cm) well i pushed a couple times. My Nurse told me to stop and said she was going to call the Dr. after those two pushes Chloe dropped and I was 10 cm dialted (all the patossien worked!!) At about 1600 she wasn't waiting anymore. The Nurses had prepped the room and kept telling me just to breath well my body had a different idea. I was trying to relax but I could feel my contractions and my despite my best attempts she was coming out whether they liked it or not. Her heart rate started dropping rapidlly and the Nurses told me to push it only took a few pushes, and as soon as her head came out the Nurses reolized why she had been breech and why she was not dropping, her umbilical cord was wrapped twice around her neck and was suffocating her. She stopped breathing as the two nurses (who where acting as the delivery Dr.) cut the cord off in sections. They rushed her to the heat light and started rubbing her and moving her around to get her to breath. I couldn't do anything (which is such a horrible feeling) and my poor husband was beside himself he went over an looked at her then came back and cried, then went back and looked at her and came back and put his head on my should and cried again, she started crying which was an instant relief it seemed that she wasn't breathing for a life time but it was not even a min. Tommy was able to take pictures and show me.

After they wrapped me up I was able to hold her for a min until they took her to the Nursery. Tommy went with (then the Dr. showed up... I don't think the better late than never applies here though). He went out and talked with his family telling them how it went. (his Mom was able to come two nights prior and his dad has just gotten to our coast that afternoon) As soon as the Dr was finished and the room was cleaned up a little Denise brought in Little Tommy who came over and sat with me. Another Nurse brought Chloe back to eat Tom, Tommy and Little Tommy went down to get something to eat and Denise kept me company while I fed Chloe, she got to hold Chloe. The Tom's came back when I was finished the littlest one was getting ancy so Tom and Denise took him home. I ate dinner and showered while Chloe was showered then checked to see if she could regulate her body heat. The nurse from the Nursery said after a few minor tests she calulated that Chloe was born at week 39 (which was a week later than I thought I was). After my shower they moved me to a recovery room where I was able to relax and rest.

Tom and Denise brought Little Tommy on Sat and Chelsea came as well. Sunday Tommy (who had gone home for a little bit) brought little Tommy back while his parents ran to Wal*Mart. Chelsea and her boyfriend Ricardo stopped by the hospital. She loved getting to hold Chloe and he even got to hold her for a little while (it took everyone saying he could and about 20 min a mental preperation). When they left Tommy took Little Tommy home for a much needed nap and came back with his mom who kept me company until I was allowed to leave.

Chloe is adjusting beautifully and Little Tommy is a wonderful big brother, he constantly gives her kisses and is checking on her. He brings me diapers everytime I change her and keeps gives her all his pacifiers.


Neicee said...

It was an amazing time and I was so glad I was able to participate in this wonderful, beautiful few days with you. I enjoyed every moment.. Us finishing that blanket down to the last minute was so much fun...WE are all so very blessed...Love you! Mom B

Vicki Campos said...

Congratulations on the new family member!! Little Chloe is beautiful.